“Pioneer construction managers know that CM is not a person, it is a multidiscipline organization with specialized capabilities and human resources. The level and range of expertise with the resource group are fundamental to the success of a CM project or program.”
C. Edwin Haltenhoff, Fundamentals and Practices “The CM Contracting System”
As your Construction Manager, CMSWillowbrook is YOUR ADVOCATE!
Unbiased advice, responsive only to the owner’s interests and dedicated exclusively to delivering the best possible finished project? That’s the goal of construction management.
In the CM approach, the Construction Manager works for you on a fixed fee basis and is best utilized when hired early in the design or before design begins. CMSWillowbrook will REPLACE THE ROLE OF THE GENERAL CONTRACTOR once construction begins.
The Construction Manager represents you in such crucial areas as:
- Preliminary budgeting, conceptual & ongoing estimates
- Site analysis and selection
- Provide pricing options for various design possibilities. We make sure that you maximize your budget and eliminate waste in your project.
- Project scheduling
- Control of the scope of work
- Avoiding delays, changes, disputes and cost overruns
- Assuring the project is built to specifications to meet your needs.
Construction Managers provide specific expertise for all facets of the delivery process (pre-bond, planning, design, construction, etc.) without having to retain individuals on the payroll for specific tasks.
In the design phase...
CMSWillowbrook will help you:
- Perform life-cycle cost analysis and other reviews to maximize the return on your construction investment
- Coordinate your technology implementation strategy with your construction plan to assure that your finished building will truly be equipped to deliver and support current and future needs
- Develop a detailed design schedule and supervise its implementation
- Review design in progress to assure constructability with minimal changes and fewer problems in the field
- Develop detailed component cost estimates at every design submittal
During the bid process...
As your CM we will:
- Conduct pre-bid conferences to clarify the project’s needs and assure responsive bids
- Assure that all bid documents are clear and all questions are answered
- Help you evaluate and compare bids
- Recommend bidders for contract award
While the construction is underway...
CMSWillowbrook will be your eyes and ears, and most of all, your advocate to:
- Assure that all contractors, subcontractors and other participants fully understand the project’s design and requirements at every stage
- Deliver timely and clear reports to you concerning construction progress, milestones, and other elements
- Monitor the construction process to anticipate difficulties, resolve issues early, and keep the work flowing
- Assure a safe workplace, both for project workers and, in renovations, for students and other personnel who continue to use the facility during construction
- Eliminate the need to retain increased staff after the “burst” of construction activities; thereby reducing future operating and payroll costs when the construction has been completed
- Help you plan for installation of systems, equipment, furniture, and other resources to be sure everything is ready when it needs to be.